Are you happy with our service?

Anyone who uses the services of the Dundee Carers Centre has a right to complain about these services. All of us working in and managing the Centre are striving to provide the best service we can. Please let us know if we are not meeting the standard you expect.

If you would like to make a complaint, our complaints procedure is outlines below. Your complaint or comments will be dealt with quickly and in confidence.

What can I complain about?

Any aspect of our service, including how you were treated by our staff or volunteers when you contacted the Centre.

Did you wait too long once a referral was made?

Did you receive information which was inaccurate or out of date?

Was someone unhelpful, disrespectful or rude?

Or perhaps something else…


We welcome your comments, positive or negative, to help us improve our services to you.


How do I make a compaint and how long will it take?

If you are already in touch with a member of staff, talk to them about your concern. They will return any message from you within one week and report your complaint to the Manager.

If the complaint is about that person, or you do not know anyone in the Centre, please contact the Manager by phone, email or letter (see contact details below).

The Manager will contact you within one week of being contacted. The Manager will endeavour to resolve your complaint. If you are still not happy having met with the Manager, you should write to the Chairperson of our Board of Management. Please do this within one month of meeting with the Manager. The Chairperson will respond in writing to arrange a meeting within three weeks of receiving your letter.

If the Chairperson does not resolve your complaint, you should tell them in writing and they will ask the Board of Management to nominate an independent arbitrator to meet you. This arbitrator will be a representative of one of the Centre’s funding bodies and will meet you within six weeks of your letter.

You may wish to take an advocate, representative or friend to this meeting. This meeting will be formal. The outcome and decision will be sent to the Board and to you in writing. THE WRITTEN OUTCOME IS FINAL.



Your confidentiality will be maintained at all times and if you are receiving other services from us they will not be affected by you making a complaint.


Making a complaint to Dundee City Council or Angus Council

The Social Work Department will maintain your confidentiality at all times and ensure that no discrimination results from you making a complaint. If you are receiving other services, they will not be affected by you making a complaint.

You can make your complaint by talking face to face or on the telephone, to any member of staff of the Social Work Department. You can also complain in writing to the office concerned or you can ask someone to make your complaint for you.


Contact us

Manager: Lucinda Godfrey

Chairperson: Fraser Patrick

Dundee Carers Centre

Seagate House

132-134 Seagate

Dundee DD1 2HB

t: 01382 200422

e: [email protected]

  • OSCR
Dundee Carers Centre, Seagate House, 132-134 Seagate, Dundee, DD1 2HB 01382 200422 [email protected]
This site uses some essential, unobtrusive cookies.