Carers Decide Groupwork Programme
Share Your Experience as a Carer
Free Self-help Workshops for Carers
Dundee adult carers (18 years and above) are invited to participate in an exciting new programme. This programme was created by carers who wanted a confidential and comfortable environment to share their knowledge, experiences and achieve their personal goals.
During this time we are currently unable to meet people face-to-face, so we are conducting this programme via G-Suite (Google) platform.
What can I gain from this?
- Learn what’s available to you and the systems in place for carers
- Increase knowledge of your rights as a carer and gain confidence in using them
- Develop the skills and experience you need to manage your health and wellbeing
- Time to help you identify your goals and work towards realising them
- If you want, you also have the option to work towards a qualification
How long does it last?
The length of the programme is tailored to suit the needs of the participants so could last up to 12 sessions.
Each group member decides what their
goals are; based on their own needs and wants; and with the support of staff the group creates a plan to achieve those goals.
So far the carers have taken action and learned through each other:
- What their rights are as carers
- What money advice and financial support are available to them
- What their housing rights are
- What aids they can get to improve independence at home
- What groups are in their communities
Aims of the Programme
Whether you’re new to caring or have been caring for a while, your experiences are probably vast and varied. You’re the expert; you understand the things carers deal with and you are best placed to share this knowledge with other carers.
The programme was created by carers who found that by coming together with other carers in a confidential and relaxed environment, experiences and knowledge could be shared to help each other.
Click here for a short interview with Robert, who attended the last Carers Decides Work Group Programme.