Carers Decide Groupwork Programme
Self-help Workshops for Carers
Meet other carers - Share & Learn from your caring experience
Whether you’re new to caring or have been caring for a while, your experiences are probably vast and varied. You’re the expert; you understand the things carers deal with and you are best placed to share this knowledge with other carers.
The programme was created by carers who found that by coming together with other carers in a confidential and relaxed environment, experiences and knowledge could be shared to help each other.
What can I gain from this?
- Meet other carers and carer support staff
- Learn and share what’s available and the systems in place for carers
- Increase knowledge on rights as a carer and gain confidence in using them
- Develop the skills and experience to manage your health and wellbeing
- Time to help you identify your goals and work towards achieving them
- Option of working towards a qualification
How long does it last?
The length of the programme is based on the needs of the participants and could last up to 12 sessions.
How does the group meet?
Due to lockdown restrictions, all groups are online using the
G-Suite (Google Meet) platform.
Full support will be given to those who have not accessed online groups before.
Each group member decides their goals based on their own needs. With the support of staff the group then creates a plan to achieve these goals.
So far the carers who have taken part have taken action and learned:
- What their rights are as carers
- What money advice and financial support are available to them
- What their housing rights are
- What aids they can get to improve independence at home
- What groups are in their communities